babel babble

This is my story about Berlin, and is meant as a compliment to our travel site www.byworldofmouth.com.

Click here to see the latest posts:

City Of Lights

She's Crafty

December, now so much more than Kristimas

Turkey and Mulled Wine, Holiday Favourites in Germany




working gal


After months of being a woman of leisure, I have decided to buckle down and look for work, actually I don't have a choice. I'm happy to report that within a week of sending out 2 applications, I had two interviews and two offers. I am back in the system, I have a job! (See below for position I accepted).

I know most of you think I'm a nerd for being excited about work, but this fall when I saw all the kids and their new Spongebob Schwammkopf backpacks, I missed school. I missed being the biggest person in the room, I missed knowing all the answers and I especially missed getting sick on a regular basis (although on a very happy note, no seasonal allergies in Germany for me.)

The interview was like nothing I was prepared for in Canada- I had to teach a sample lesson to 26 kids, then have an hour long interview with the principal, curriculum developer and a parent from the parents committee. Isn't that great? They actually care about the credentials of the people they hire, instead of guaranteeing a job to anyone who completes university and sticks around long enough to get a tenured position. (Teacher friends, this comment is not directed at you, but you know what and who I mean!) .

BERLIN _____________ School is looking for a primary school teacher

• starting January 2009
• mother tongue English, preferably with some knowledge of German
• with a primary school teaching degree equivalent to the German “Staatsexamen”
• with teaching experience in the age group 5 to 8 (years 1 to 4), preferably in mixed-age groups
• subjects: English, topics/environmental studies, social learning; teaching experience in physical education, music or arts welcome
• willing to contribute to the organization of a newly founded primary school on the basis of the school concept

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Kristi! I am so proud of you! Those kids don't know just how lucky they are to have you as their teacher. Germany won't even know what hit 'em!

Kristi de Bonville said...

Thanks Maureen:) Watch out though, I'm going to try and recruit you for next year!

Unknown said...

That's fantastic Kristi! What grade will you be teaching? This is my first time on your blog (I've barely had a chance to check my email). I can't believe that landlord story, what a scam! Hope you're doing well, I'm going to keep reading now...What grade are you teaching?

Post a Comment

search this blog
| Top ↑ |