babel babble

This is my story about Berlin, and is meant as a compliment to our travel site www.byworldofmouth.com.

Click here to see the latest posts:

City Of Lights

She's Crafty

December, now so much more than Kristimas

Turkey and Mulled Wine, Holiday Favourites in Germany




last weekend(s) of Sommer


After an impossible/emotional/incredible start to school, I desperately needed a relaxing weekend. My wish was granted when Friday (finally) Ultimate League started and I was able to run around like a fool (as I do) and let out some of the week's tensions. I was once again reminded of why I love this city-when the organizers showed up with two cases of beer to sell at 1 Euro per beer. Why can't we drink in parks or at sports clubs in Canada? We all cleaned up (thanks to the pfand) and no one got belligerent. Afterward, a bunch of us went for (arguably) the best roasted chicken on the planet and as Luke and I biked home, a show of colourful fireworks lit the way.
On Saturday we ended up grilling (maybe for the last time this year) with some friends in Volkspark Friedrichshain.
We tossed the disc, grilled some meat and had some baby time with Jasper (I forgot how much I missed my babes in Montreal). I really couldn't stop smiling all day, and I soon forgot about the week's woes!


On Sunday, after a successful Mimosa filled,pancake brunch (recipe for banana bread seen above coming soon) at our place ,


we all headed to the park again, to enjoy the 28c weather. (Thank you Christina for the above pic)


It was the perfect end to summer!

And although autumn officially started this week, we enjoyed warm, pleasant weather all week and were once again able to enjoy Berlin on a sunny day as we meandered to Mauer park just in time to catch Bearpit Karaoke, a Sunday afternoon favourite!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

search this blog
| Top ↑ |